Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

S3 purchase help.

Garyj

Reactions
City
Reading
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi A4
I have just put a deposit on a S3 saloon 2020
1.900 on the clock I have a question regarding the will rims these are 18 inch 10 spoke, I have noticed that the wheel rims are missing the Audi sport logo, what I am worried about is have these been refurbished or do some wheels come without the logo.

Attachments

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
all oem wheels come with the center cap logo.
if the wheels are refurbished, is there anything off about them?
do they run true?
all the wheels should look the same to each other as well.

you are buying a used car so these are things that will be normal.
you can ask if the owner has had them refurbished.

if a logo is an issue you can dive into it more with the owner and see.

OP
G

Garyj

Reactions
City
Reading
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi A4
Thread Starter #4
all oem wheels come with the center cap logo.
if the wheels are refurbished, is there anything off about them?
do they run true?
all the wheels should look the same to each other as well.

you are buying a used car so these are things that will be normal.
you can ask if the owner has had them refurbished.

if a logo is an issue you can dive into it more with the owner and see.[/QUOTE

OP
G

Garyj

Reactions
City
Reading
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi A4
Thread Starter #5
I am buying it from Audi I asked the question about the missing Audi sport logo(on the rim face in grey text) they did not even know there was one. Waiting for an answer back from them to why they are missing. Going to see and test drive the car Friday will see for myself if it looks like. Unfortunately put a £500 deposit down and have to view the car to get the deposit back.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
are you done with all the necessary check ups on the car? if you did, what else did you find?

OP
G

Garyj

Reactions
City
Reading
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi A4
Thread Starter #7
Genuine wheels the car had damage on one maybe to wheels so Audi decided to do or four wheels for exact coIour match unfortunately the Audi sport logo has been lost. I got around £900 of the advertised price which was not easy considering the used car market. I got them to send me pics of all four wheels they look fine,I am due to view the car this Friday, keep you informed with the outcome.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
you should now become an expert mechanic for the next process. makes sure you are and even then you might get screwed with something.

OP
G

Garyj

Reactions
City
Reading
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi A4
Thread Starter #9
Had the wheels checked out and are genuine. brought the car after a full test drive and it’s fantastic. Thanks for you input.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
i forgot another option is to get a third-party mechanic specializing in the audi's and pay him to check out the car in full. from the engine to the drivetrain. that should put your mind at ease. worth the money for sure.

tell him to not hold back if you do it. have it done in proper documentation. this offers you a little bit of warranty.

oh and ask for a warranty longer than more inclusive. they usually only offer a month to a few months. so whichever they offer to ask for a minimum of 2x or 4x that time.

with everyone documented, you can decide if any new things pop up that you want it still or not. if you still want it, you can renegotiate pricing for the repairs of your choosing elsewhere.