Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Newbie question

Reactions
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 RS3
Hello, everyone.

I have a 2020 RS3 and it didn’t come with remote start, which is mind blowing for a 65K vehicle. On cooler days, I tried to start the engine and let it run for a bit to warm up... But the car won’t let me lock the doors so that I can walk away. I’ve tried using the door sensor, the key fob and even tried holding it down for a bit. Nothing that I’ve tried has been able to lock the doors. Every car that I know, you can start the car and lock the doors so that it can be left unattended. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I’m also looking to purchase an REMUS exhausted and a CAÍ for the car. Any feed back would also be greatly appreciated. Thank you to all who responds.

RGT03

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
That and it doesn’t have power seats drives me nuts. Otherwise I would have traded in my S3 already.

OP
MarineRs320
Reactions
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 RS3
Thread Starter #3
That and it doesn’t have power seats drives me nuts. Otherwise I would have traded in my S3 already.
Agreed but for what I’m getting in driving performance/ pleasure in my RS3... I can overlook the manual seats. Plus, no one else drives my car. Lol.

ric.baayl

Reactions
City
Birmingham
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2021 Audi S3 8Y
That’s one option I never understand, I adjust my seat to how I like it and that’s it, seems a waste of money there are much better options available.

iPhone 12 Pro

RGT03

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
When you get older like me with a bad back it will all make sense ...

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
Older post but I just checked my OBDEleven app and it looks like it has the option that you're after.

1628620143870.png

OP
MarineRs320
Reactions
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 RS3
Thread Starter #8
Older post but I just checked my OBDEleven app and it looks like it has the option that you're after.

View attachment 943
Thanks for your reply. I don’t have this app. Is this a
special program or free app. How does it work..?

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
Thanks for your reply. I don’t have this app. Is this a
special program or free app. How does it work..?
It's a obdII scan tool that works with your smart phone https://www.ecstuning.com/b-obdeleven-parts/obdeleven-pro-scan-tool/024871obd01~a/

there's a newer version as well for iphones https://www.ecstuning.com/b-obdeleven-parts/obdeleven-pro-pack-next-generation/024871obd02~obd/

Their website https://obdeleven.com/en/

I use it for various things besides scanning and resetting error codes. I've used it to turn off the headlight washers. And allow video to play while driving so my passengers can watch movies. And various other options.
Also handy to release the rear breaks when doing the job yourself and reset oil and maintenance intervals.
Loads of option that you can change with your car.

I haven't tried the next gen one I still use the first gen. It's very simple to use for recoding features you basically just select the option on/off and update the car much easier to use than VCDS.