Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Issues with Launch Control - Audi s3 2016

Reactions
City
São Paulo
State
Non-US
Country
Brazil
What I Drive
Audi s3 2016
Hello everyone

I'm having problems with the launch control of my car, I'm going to post a video to illustrate the problem.

Link Video Youtube

The car has no traction issues on accelerations outside of launch control.

Any idea what it might be?

Best Regards

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
Have you changed your haldex fluid and cleaned the screen? If the screen is clogged you'll lose the rear power or burn out your pump. If your front wheels are breaking loose then there's something definitely wrong in the rear. They can get pretty cruddy if you beat or neglect the maintenance. Pic below is not my car I change and clean mine religiously it's a 10min job.
download.jpg

Last edited:

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
should look like

IMG-7181.jpg

OP
douglascollus
Reactions
City
São Paulo
State
Non-US
Country
Brazil
What I Drive
Audi s3 2016
Thread Starter #4
Yes man, in my last maintenance I changed the haldex oil and the dsg oil + dsg filter.

As you said the screen was a little dirty, but nothing like the pictures above. It was cleaned during maintenance.

I have no problems with haldex on normal accelerations without using launch control. Even using ESC OFF there is no loss of traction

The situation only occurs when I use the launch control to get out with more power.

The car has no error logs in the transmission and awd systems (checked by vcds).

Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
Yes man, in my last maintenance I changed the haldex oil and the dsg oil + dsg filter.

As you said the screen was a little dirty, but nothing like the pictures above. It was cleaned during maintenance.

I have no problems with haldex on normal accelerations without using launch control. Even using ESC OFF there is no loss of traction

The situation only occurs when I use the launch control to get out with more power.

The car has no error logs in the transmission and awd systems (checked by vcds).
Hey did you ever get to the bottom of this? I similarly only experience mild traction loss during launches and not during any other types of pulls. Persists even in warm, dry conditions with rather fresh summer tires after being warmed up. It's a bit of a buzzkill because launches stock were super fun but I can't recreate the same flawless launch while tuned (I'm IE stage 1 high torque 93, with dsg tune). Haldex was serviced a month or two ago, diffs serviced, dsg serviced, everything should be fine so I'm assuming its just a beat up haldex pump (and also hoping it's just that and not the clutch packs)