Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Steering Rack Issues

Reactions
City
Durham
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2016 S3 Convertible
Hi All,

I have a 2016 S3 Convertible only comes out now and again 5K miles in 2 years. The count down service warning light came on so had an Oil change and inspection carried out. After a week of using it (Which is unusual) I developed a noise when turning on the N/S not a CV joint noise more of a creak - Would also come on under hard breaking. Called the Audi assured none dealership and asked them to have a look at it as I thought something may have been left in there or the under trays were loose.
Turns out that the steering rack bolts needed to be retorqued! Not a common issue. Feel like I have been fobbed off. The noise has gone though.
Surely if steering rack bolts are coming loose Audi would be recalling?

Any thoughts or has anyone else experienced the same issue?
Thanks Wayne

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
they dont consider this a major issue. major issues are when they would cause harm to you or the engine/trans, etc...

at this point i would recommend that you upgrade the parts. such as the subframe locking systems. it will give you a whole bunch of benefits.

034 motorsports, tyrolsport deadset kit, etc would be the way to help with the future and any other performance you did know about.

Last edited: