Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

How to increase turbo spool sound?

DiRo

Reactions
City
Huntington Beach
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 S3 Prestige
Hey guys, don’t want to necessarily buy an aftermarket intake. But want to see if there is a way to increase the sound of the turbo spool. For example coming from a Subaru STi we removed the snorkel in the fender that connect the initial air intake at the front of the hood to the filter box in the engine bay. This simple “mod” if you can call it that increased the amount you could hear the car pull air in as well as the turbo spool up. Anything like that which could be done or any other suggestions?

OP
DiRo

DiRo

Reactions
City
Huntington Beach
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 S3 Prestige
Thread Starter #2
Bump

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
there are tubes and such for these cars. i too came from an sti. these cars on the other hand will tend to be more compliant so youll want to find all the ways to remove or replace these parts. its different but you can still do it. intakes is a huge plus. any other pipes will also do it.

hit me up and we can talk more.

OP
DiRo

DiRo

Reactions
City
Huntington Beach
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 S3 Prestige
Thread Starter #4
For sure, I’ve done some research. Kinda want to talk to people who have done it and hear it on their cars in person.