Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Coolant issue.

Big lew

Reactions
City
Cardiff
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
Hi everyone, just wondering if someone can help, on my S3 2016 I have a warning light comes up when driving check coolant and turn off engine. Can anyone help with an answer or have had the same message. I have read up a bit on it and they say they are prone to having a water pump issue.
Thanks in advance
Lew

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
scan the ecu first. thats the first part of diagnosing any issues on any modern day car.
your description means nothing to us. it can be anything and everything.

either get one cheap, expensive, easy, or get help from a friend that has a obd2 scanning device.

Kennyg23

Reactions
City
Warminster
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi S3
Hi everyone, just wondering if someone can help, on my S3 2016 I have a warning light comes up when driving check coolant and turn off engine. Can anyone help with an answer or have had the same message. I have read up a bit on it and they say they are prone to having a water pump issue.
Thanks in advance
Lew
I had exactly the same issue and had to change the water pump and housing.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
yup thats the normal issue. but always scan it first to see if there is any issues that it may pick up. then do the normal waterpump replacement procedure.