Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

any innovative tools to help jack up the car?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
It's here. Very nice product and easy to setup.
I'm very impressed with the quality and fittings. Not even a drop comes out when you disconnect and reconnect the quick release fittings. This is the quickjack slx 5000. It has no problem reaching the pinch welds. I did pick up the extension kit for my wife's SUV but didn't need it for the s3. Stores nicely as well. Just testing it I didn't even take it to the first stop.

View attachment 188
Loving that spoiler

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #22
Nice congrats! I think it's a great deal for what you get. Also I think they're so much safer than jack stands. Moving them around in the box is a bit worse. Once you get them up on the wheels they move around pretty good. I used it for two oil changes and the Haldex this week.
I have to say it's one of my favorite shop purchases to date. The LED lighting is a close second it was nice to make the garage super bright at night.
im actually looking forward to my brake job. finally planing on getting those ss lines and neuspeed pads.

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
Loving that spoiler
Thanks I have to find a replacement it was on the car when I bought it and it's showing some age with a little cracking.

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #24
just did a diff fluid change and oil change on mercedes benz.

also did an oil change on the s3 .... from the bottom this time. it seems like its actually less work getting under as i dont have to clean the siphon pump that i usually use.

the next item is to do the mercedes brake and ss lines. should be interesting.

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
I still use other devices here and there. Sometimes it's just easier to use ramps for a quick look under the front or back. There is one complaint and it's probably just my OCD. I have a concrete floor in the garage so sliding the quick jack under the car does scratch the bottom of the lift. I wish that it had a pivot point where when it's fully lowered it would lift on to casters or something so that they would roll out. I'm sure the scratches will annoy me over time so I'm going to have to figure out how to make some sort of replaceable guards that it can slide on without affecting the lift.

Overall still better for me than a permanent two post lift which is always in the way.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
92683 Off Topic Chat 0