Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Water problems

Size3

Reactions
City
Johannesburg
State
Non-US
Country
South Africa
What I Drive
2014 Audi S3
Hello guys,

I drive a 2014 Audi S3
Recently my coolant was leaking from the pipes
Pressure tested and got it fixed, including the engine cooler. It got serviced the same time I took it in.
I got the car back last week but it was misfiring every time I started the car, but would idle normal after I rev it up.
I saw white smoke as driving and immediately took it back to the workshop
now they claim my cylinder head gasket is blown.
water comes out of the second pot as they crank it..

Must I fix this or sell it asap?
I don’t want problems in future

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
wow that doesnt look normal. did you modify it in any way?

your options are; to replace the engine, fix the head gasket, or sell it.
if its fixed, i don't know how long it will last as most don't last as long as it depends on the work.
its probably better to replace the block usually. not as cost effective.
buy a new car. that will solve your problem completely. and its kinda old so it would be a positive to do this as putting more money into an older car is never worth it.

my opinion is to sell it. new cars have newer tech and your getting newer things for the money. here your putting money into something that is old and its just to get it back to running condition. to me that's not worth it. putting money into modification on an old car would be worth the fun factor but not to just get it back to running condition. i would rather pay a loan cost and have a brand new car.