Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Transmission hiccup??

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 S3
So I've got a 2018 S3, 15k miles and I'm having an infrequent and weird occurrence where the transmission will slip out of gear and free revs till I let off the accelerator and then it re-engages. it's happened in 'manual mode' and auto (I don't drive in dynamic). yesterday it happened while I was trying to reverse up a steep incline which was very concerning as it allowed me to roll 3 feet almost into a parked car.
Anyone have a similar experience?

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
this is not the right place to ask for technical help. ill move this once i can so you can get more help.

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
Hopefully he got is sorted out in 5 months. Doesn't sound good but at least it would be covered. Never experienced anything like that with mine.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
as a quick diagnosis, it sounds like he needs to check the fluid levels. i believe there are two items he will need to check. at that point its actually a good idea to do a trans fluid change and haldex fluid change as well. there is a filter involved with this process too.