Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

to lower an S3 or not

DMZdmz

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 S3
Have had an 016 S3 since new. Am thinking of H&R sport lowering springs.
Is this mod worth it?
Will I need to replace stock shocks due to lowering the car?
This is for improved handling and appearance. I do not track my car nor will I.
Thnx.

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
Well if you're not going to track it isn't it all appearance? I don't know any roads that it can't handle at the speed limit stock :)

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
i would always recommend going with coilovers. now if costs is a factor here, as it usually is and its common, then make sure you have proper shocks to go with it.

what i mean is that, make sure you get shocks that are proper in length so that you dont bottom out the stock shocks and destroy them prematurely. more than likely youll destroy at least one of the stock shocks before its time if you use lowering springs. the best way is to get shorter shocks as it will allow more travel with the shorter springs. but if you consider costs, if you do buy the proper shocks and springs your not going to be that far off from just getting cheap coilovers that have the right shocks, such as BC racing coilovers. these are pretty cheap and have the proper lowering setup versus others i have seen.

this advice has nothing to do with racing or performance or even looks. its basically for longevity of your investment. before long you will need to replace the shocks with springs, unless you personally dont notice subtle shock wear then youll be fine but since you say its for performance as well then you will notice it diminish over time.

Last edited: