Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

S3 intermittent suspension noise

Imines

Reactions
City
Abu Dhabi
State
Non-US
Country
United Arab Emirates
What I Drive
2016 S3 Sportback
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and it's fantastic to to be able to share our experience and knowledge of our cars to hopefully help each other.
So I have owned my 2016 S3 sportback for about 18 months and has been a great car. When I bought the car it came with a Audi extended warranty for 5 years but have to say so far its not been worth anything as they tell me nothing is covered. Recently I have noticed an unusual sound from the suspension on the left side especially when I go over speed humps, if I go very slowly then no sound can be heard.
So far I have replaced the sway bar, engine mount, transmission mount and upper strut mounts and bearings, and the noise persists.
I am now been told its the shock absorber, so I looked at ordering OE shocks and can not believe the price, I believe my car has electronic suspension or DCC. I am wondering if I install Beinstein B4 shocks with a DCC cancellation kit will it work and not effect the car, can I still select dynamic mode and use the MMI as intended. Appreciate any feedback on alternative parts that can be used.
Regards
Ian

Tanners

Reactions
City
Manchester
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi s3 2016 300 nav
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and it's fantastic to to be able to share our experience and knowledge of our cars to hopefully help each other.
So I have owned my 2016 S3 sportback for about 18 months and has been a great car. When I bought the car it came with a Audi extended warranty for 5 years but have to say so far its not been worth anything as they tell me nothing is covered. Recently I have noticed an unusual sound from the suspension on the left side especially when I go over speed humps, if I go very slowly then no sound can be heard.
So far I have replaced the sway bar, engine mount, transmission mount and upper strut mounts and bearings, and the noise persists.
I am now been told its the shock absorber, so I looked at ordering OE shocks and can not believe the price, I believe my car has electronic suspension or DCC. I am wondering if I install Beinstein B4 shocks with a DCC cancellation kit will it work and not effect the car, can I still select dynamic mode and use the MMI as intended. Appreciate any feedback on alternative parts that can be used.
Regards
Ian
Hello mate I have audi s3 2016 only thing I've noticed going over bumps is my suspension making a creaking noise and then the odd time I hear a metal clunk sound. But it's never bothered me and been doing it for a long time now. Only thing really annoying me with my 2016 s3 is my traction light keeps flickering when I put my foot down and i get loss of power have yiu experienced anything like that with yours what tyres do you have on your car aswel I've got the Michelin pilot sport 4s seems like these tyres are causing this problem

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
what you might be having issues with is the upper rear strut shot mounts and the front strut mounts. thats a common complaint. the noises dont bother me at all. nothing is perfect and these cars will have issues. not to say they should its just expected. now if you need to try to fix it you could attempt to get the 034 motorsport shock mount and see if they will help you.

front mounts
https://store.034motorsport.com/str...n-golf-gti-r-8v-8s-audi-a3-s3-tt-tts-mqb.html

rear mounts
https://store.034motorsport.com/sho...tts-ttrs-quattro-mkvii-volkswagen-golf-r.html

and since your in there you could also replace the strut mount bearings as well.
https://store.034motorsport.com/str...n-golf-gti-r-8v-8s-audi-a3-s3-tt-tts-mqb.html

all these items are not that expensive. also these cars, the bushings should be replaced after a while anyways. so it might be worth trying them out to see if it solves your issue.