Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

New S3

George_P

Reactions
Hello Guys,

New to the forum and would like to introduce my 2019 Daytona grey sportback S3 8v DSG with unnecessary technology pack IMO.

Overall very happy with the car, a bit disappointed with the interior quality coming from C class coupe 2015, but when you put your foot down you forget about everything!

A quick question, does anyone else experience snappy gearbox, slow pick up (sometimes) at 4k rpm and when accelerating rpm needle twitching?

Many thanks for your help

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Congrats on the purchase. No issues with the needle twitching. The S3 makes most of it's power above 2k so at 4k it should still be in the good range.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
nice purchase.
not sure what you mean by twitching needle? :unsure: show us a video of it and what your doing at the time.
the slowness of accelerations is how audi made the car, but you can help alleviate it a little (not cure it completely) with some mods and vdcd coding. in addition to those you can also get a dsg remap from a vendor. you dont necessarily need to remap for power but just the transmission remap will be enough to help.

*if you do it, any dsg remap will void your trans warranty so be aware of this.

Last edited: