Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Civic=GONE!

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
Good news [for me personally]: I have finally gotten my old (as in the last car I drove before I bought my 2016 S3) 2015 Honda Civic EXL out of my hair! What I mean by that is I finally sold it. The new owners were willing to give me a good deal on the car, and they got the car they wanted (I sold it privately, not at a dealership). They bought the car on Saturday, and I turned in the paperwork yesterday, so I won't have to worry about two cars anymore now that the Civic's gone. I do not miss it at all, the lack of a volume knob I will not miss, nor the two tier dash, which was awful in my opinion. What I most likely will miss is the gathered leather seats and the trunk automatically opening when you put the key in the trunk, I have not tried doing that in the S3. Just as a quick update to many of you, the S3 now has over 1800 miles on it, and it probably won't reach 2000 miles until most likely early to mid April.

During the time I had the S3, I only got into the Civic once. That was not a lot...

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
You're movin on up, To the east side.[hihi]

You have any pictures of your old Civic?

OP
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
Thread Starter #3
Fortunately, yes, I am moving on to the next level, because I don't have to worry about my Civic at a gas station, so I won't have to worry about walking back and forth from my place to a gas station. I've now had my S3 for two months yesterday, but it wasn't that big of a deal to me, it's not like I had the car for six months or something like that. I do have pictures of my Civic on a Civic forum, and I never bothered deleting the account or removing my Civic from the site http://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...lbums-2015-honda-civic-exl-w-navigation-3839/

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
I always get a little emotional whenever I sell my old cars, hopefully it went to a good home.

OP
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
Thread Starter #5
I always get a little emotional whenever I sell my old cars, hopefully it went to a good home.
Speaking of getting emotional, I got very emotional when I sold my 2000 Accord, which was my first car. I was not as emotional when I sold my '08 Civic Si, and I was not emotional at all in selling the '15 Civic. I actually bought my S3 while I was still trying to sell the Civic, which took over two months to sell. The new owners seemed pretty nice, so I assume it is in a good home, and I submitted the papers to the state the day after the new owners picked it up. I was so happy that I won't have to deal with cars in contrasting colors, because the S3 is black and the Civic was white. My 2016 Audi S3 Prestige does not even have a single package on it, no performance package, nothing, no options the way I built it; but a dealer in New Jersey called and said that they had one like the same one I configured, but it had some accessories. When I was looking at cars, I had two primary choices, an Infiniti Q50S and an Audi S3. I did not choose the Q50 because the way I optioned it went over $50K; my dad has a 2015 Q50 Premium that he bought off a dealer lot because when he configured a Q50S online, it went above $50K, and he wanted to spend less than that (his pricing was either what his old car, which was a 2012 Infiniti M37 which had the Premium and Deluxe Touring packages on it, was worth and less). I then saw the 2016 Audi S3 Prestige because it has stuff standard that you would have on the Q50 that is optional, so I just got an S3 with no packages whatsoever. So far I have got no speeding tickets, it's been hilariously fun to drive on the back roads, and it just looks like any old Audi.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Congrats on selling it. Now you'll have some mod money[wrenchin]

OP
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
Thread Starter #7
Congrats on selling it. Now you'll have some mod money[wrenchin]
I know! I'm actually going to use half the money on mods for the S3 and the other half for the long haul. I have some mods already planned out, such as converting all the exterior lighting to LED (excluding the headlights, cause they are all LED), grille blackout to match my car's exterior paint and smoked tail lights. I might consider a tune and vinyl wrapping my wheels as well as possibly tinted windows, but Maryland tint law is too confusing for me to understand.

OP
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
Thread Starter #8
Just today, I went to Dick's Sporting Goods, I saw my exact Homda Civic that I used to own in the parking lot at that place. How I knew was the license plate. I sold it two weeks ago, and now I see it again. I did not see the new owner of the car there however. It's glad seeing old cars again. Now speaking of present times, not past times of a 2015 Honda Civic, but in present times of my 2016 Audi S3, the car now has over 2K miles on it, and on April 8th it will go on its first road trip. Hopefully it will increase fuel economy. I will provide a more detailed update soon.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Hopefully the next time you see it again it's still in great shape.

Just today, I went to Dick's Sporting Goods, I saw my exact Homda Civic that I used to own in the parking lot at that place. How I knew was the license plate. I sold it two weeks ago, and now I see it again. I did not see the new owner of the car there however. It's glad seeing old cars again. Now speaking of present times, not past times of a 2015 Honda Civic, but in present times of my 2016 Audi S3, the car now has over 2K miles on it, and on April 8th it will go on its first road trip. Hopefully it will increase fuel economy. I will provide a more detailed update soon.

OP
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
Thread Starter #10
Hopefully the next time you see it again it's still in great shape.
When I saw it, it was in good condition. There were a few rock chips on the front, I think the new owner put new wiper blades on it from what I can tell. The interior looked pretty good from looking into the window, which none of them are tinted. One thing I do not miss from that car is the lack of volume knob.