Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Buying Repossessed Audi S3

Ninja Guy

Reactions
City
Manchester
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Clio 182
Hi All
I'm a new member & have been looking to buy an Audi S3
I have my eye on a Repossessed S3 17 plate, 72k miles, Sportback with only documented history showing as interim service at the beginning
The car is £15500
I will try & reduce price but am concerned about lack of history although the car has premium Miichelin Tyres which to me is an indicator of looking after car & was on private plate, looks excellent
Wondered what forum members thought ie walk away etc
Being a Repossessed car the rules are maybe different?

Attachments

OP
N

Ninja Guy

Reactions
City
Manchester
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Clio 182
Thread Starter #2
Incidentally
The car passed all 4 mots with no advisories

hk852

Reactions
City
tf
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
What I Drive
rs3
would they let you run an OBD2 (or vdcs) scanner on it before handover? a high quality (not 20 euro from amazon) scanner should put your mind at ease of no deleted errors, no electronic issues, no transmission worries. if that comes back clean (again big diff between cheap and expensive scanners), then you no worse off than taking any second hand car from elsewhere (IMO)

OP
N

Ninja Guy

Reactions
City
Manchester
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Clio 182
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for your advice hk852.
Are those scanners expensive?
A local Audi independent suggested that when I have a test drive I start/ stop tha ignition as that will show up any fault codes anyone has tried to erase ?

hk852

Reactions
City
tf
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
What I Drive
rs3
It won't show any erased or older error messages if you just start it up (obv will show any current ones) My experience the 300€ range ones show some but not all errors. Those would be enough to eliminate the big ones. The 750€+ show the actual history, like when the msgs showed up or when they were deleted. I later found out on my s3 that (albeit a small) error msg was deleted a day before I bought it. So if you want some certainty try to read it in esp its a little older car. Maybe try to borrow a scanner or maybe try to find a place where you can buy one and return within 30 days even if its opened. If the price feels on the low side (i don't know uk prices ) def consider doing it (imo)