Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Audi individual colour

Jonboi080

Reactions
City
Telford
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
S3 2016
Hi guys does anyone else have a audi individual paint job done intrested to see how rare they acutally are

Attachments

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Hi guys does anyone else have a audi individual paint job done intrested to see how rare they acutally are
They're pretty rare, I've only seen one or two members on here have it.

@ViperG has one of them

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
I think mine was more of a promotion where 5 of each color were made. Where @VeeDubb was an individual paint job. I thought mine was rare until I saw people with custom ordered colors.

OP
Jonboi080

Jonboi080

Reactions
City
Telford
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
S3 2016
Thread Starter #4
Was just curious to see if the sales man was just using it as a pitch as he said mines only one this colour in uk the picture does it no justice either tbf tho @ViperG love ur colour mate pukka that is

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
Thanks they are super rare. Really something unique that I never noticed another company offering. And the quality of the paint is amazing.
I'll have to measure some factory Audi paint some day but when I measured mine it was double the normal thickness, If I remember correctly I was at 8mil - 203 microns. I had every intention of using this as my daily driver but after seeing how rare they actually were I mixed in a second car for a daily driver to avoid driving mine to often. Especially with bad weather or if I'm running around in the city. I still drive it a lot but I'd like to keep it looking new for as long as I can. And so far the car has never been driven in winter salt. I have people stop me to take pictures or ask me if I had it painted myself because they've never seen one on the road.

There's only one downside to a custom color there's no paint code on your sticker or at least there isn't on mine so getting any touch up paint will be difficult.
My car has a clear bra on the nose and hood and on some of the trunk so that should help with rock chips.

20190811_183937.jpg

paint.JPG

Last edited:
OP
Jonboi080

Jonboi080

Reactions
City
Telford
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
S3 2016
Thread Starter #6
Ill have to check mine to see if it has a paint code on it aswel never thought to check to be honest whats the clear bra that your on about isit a protective film for paintwork ye can imagine you get alot of attention for it never seen one that colour atall have you had it since new

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
Ill have to check mine to see if it has a paint code on it aswel never thought to check to be honest whats the clear bra that your on about isit a protective film for paintwork ye can imagine you get alot of attention for it never seen one that colour atall have you had it since new
It's a clear film on parts of the car kind of like a wrap but clear for protection. You can't even see it as you can see in the pictures. I'm also thinking about ceramic coating the car.

OP
Jonboi080

Jonboi080

Reactions
City
Telford
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
S3 2016
Thread Starter #8
Think ill be having a look at geting that done to protect the paintwork ye my mate has ceramic done on his m3 an it looks amazing looks like a mirror finish defo worth havin that done