Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Audi Dealership Giving Me the Run Around With Delivery...Need Help!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 s3
Background Story: Purchased my vehicle around the 2nd week of July. Was told that it would be here mid-August. Around the end of July, I reached out to my sales rep and the Sales Manager to acquire additional information about my vehicle status and shipping information. Was told that it would leave Emden on the 24th of July and arrive in Halifax on the 3rd. Great news i thought to myself! So i went to Emden port and found the ship that was leaving on the 24th and arriving on the 3rd. Although the ship was delayed a few days, at least i knew which boat it was on and when it would arrive via online tracking. So following the ship, it had arrived to port on the 7th, and as per my knowledge, takes roughly 7-10 days to get to Toronto. So i contacted my sales rep today to confirm this information by asking about the status of my vehicle. Needless to say, he "did not know where it was" and after contacting the sales manager, was told "arrived to port and will take 2 weeks from today to get to Toronto. However, another dealership i was going to purchase the SAME car with is still contacting me to ask if im interested and that there is a Sepang Blue arriving in less than a week (same shipment).

Ive exhausted all my options and just need to know the date of the pick up as I will be leaving for vacation and need to plan for someone to pick up the vehicle.

does anyone have suggestions for WHO I can contact or reach out to at the dealer?
Does myauditracker still work?

Thanks for all the help in advance!

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
You've waited this long, an extra one or two week isn't going be the end of the world. You have to remember once it gets to port it gets transported by train and then via truck to dealer. So that's going to take some time to setup. The dealer isn't going to know the status of your car until its processed.

What's the difference between the one you ordered and the one at the other dealer?

http://myauditracker.ca is still up.

OP
L
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 s3
Thread Starter #3
Waiting isnt the issue. Im going on vacation in 2 weeks and i need to know if it will arrive before that date. If it will, great! If not, I will get someone to pick up the car and if that is the case, I need to arrange that. Therefore, knowing when the car will arrive is information i need. Do you know how myauditracker works? I was not given the login credentials from the dealer. Is that where i get it from?

You've waited this long, an extra one or two week isn't going be the end of the world. You have to remember once it gets to port it gets transported by train and then via truck to dealer. So that's going to take some time to setup. The dealer isn't going to know the status of your car until its processed.

What's the difference between the one you ordered and the one at the other dealer?

http://myauditracker.ca is still up.

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
http://myauditracker.ca is a Canadian thing we don't get it down here. You get that information from Audi, I would contact your dealer to see if you can get a log in.

[video=vimeo;51447138]https://vimeo.com/51447138[/video]

I don't think you can arrange for someone to pick it up since you have to be present to sign the sales documents. Dealers can't technically sell you a car if they don't have it in possession.

Waiting isnt the issue. Im going on vacation in 2 weeks and i need to know if it will arrive before that date. If it will, great! If not, I will get someone to pick up the car and if that is the case, I need to arrange that. Therefore, knowing when the car will arrive is information i need. Do you know how myauditracker works? I was not given the login credentials from the dealer. Is that where i get it from?

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Honestly I would wait it out unless the other dealer made you an offer you can't refuse.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
You should definitely wait and get the car you want, even if that means waiting an extra few weeks.

OP
L
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 s3
Thread Starter #7
UPDATE:

Since the last time i posted on this thread, NO update was provided by dealer. On Monday, I REACHED out to the sales associate to ask about my car. He responds with the following:

"Your new car is arrived Toronto. Now waiting for truck arrangement and will probably arrive to our new car compound within next couple of days. Normally the new car wrap will be removed at that point for inspection. Therefore the new car will come in unwrapped at the dealer"

Questions:

1. What in the WORLD is a f****** "new car compound"?
2. Does the vehicle not get delivered to the DEALER?
3. WHY THE HECK is further transportation required...?
4. What the HECK takes so damn long to delivery my car if its already in the destination city?

/end rant

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
It depends on the dealer. Some dealers have overflow lots where they receive new cars instead of at the dealers. But its getting closer.[biggrin]

OP
L
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 s3
Thread Starter #9
Update #2:

Called yesterday afternoon to ask about my car...Left THREE voice mails. 3 hours later, he calls to tell me the car is now in their possession and that pick-up date is looking like Saturday (3 DAYS for PDI? What a joke). Told him he attempt to make the pickup date Saturday and take the chance and see what happens...or he could make it tomorrow (today, the 27th), and he says hell call me back asap.

WOW! What a surprise...the first promise kept: Called me back in 3 minutes. Tells me he can do pickup for Thursday @6:00pm. BOOM.

Now i am considering whether or not to complain and give them s***for their crappy after-sale support over the past month or so...

/end rant

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
I would mention all this in the follow-up survey from Audi with regards to your experience with the dealer.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I can't blame you for being upset but most of the time its out of the hands of the salesman. Most of them really do want to sell you a car ASAP but they are at the mercy of the dealer and transportation.

Update #2:

Called yesterday afternoon to ask about my car...Left THREE voice mails. 3 hours later, he calls to tell me the car is now in their possession and that pick-up date is looking like Saturday (3 DAYS for PDI? What a joke). Told him he attempt to make the pickup date Saturday and take the chance and see what happens...or he could make it tomorrow (today, the 27th), and he says hell call me back asap.

WOW! What a surprise...the first promise kept: Called me back in 3 minutes. Tells me he can do pickup for Thursday @6:00pm. BOOM.

Now i am considering whether or not to complain and give them s***for their crappy after-sale support over the past month or so...

/end rant

OP
L
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 s3
Thread Starter #12
I 100% will. Whats stopping me from being a total ass about this is the fact that the GM of the dealership is a friend of a family member, and the sales associate is a close friend of the family member. Not much i can say without being a total jerk...

I would mention all this in the follow-up survey from Audi with regards to your experience with the dealer.
What upsets me is not the fact that the car is late. Sure, things happen and no one can really predict timing for delivery, and so forth. But as a customer service representative, who is the face of the brand, the least you can do is provide updates and periodic communication on whats going on and any major changes that have occured. I receive NO such support and the lack there of is what makes this dealership so frustrating to work with. I may ask for free gifts though.

I can't blame you for being upset but most of the time its out of the hands of the salesman. Most of them really do want to sell you a car ASAP but they are at the mercy of the dealer and transportation.

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Asking for free stuff like the Textile mats and/or Cargo Box for your troubles should be an easy dealer accommodation. Heck I would even ask for a free first oil change.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
I'm a sales rep at Volkswagen Canada. I recently bought a 2015 Audi S3 in Glacier White and I absolutely love it.

I despise customers like you. Do you have no empathy for the sales rep? We try our best to be fully transparent and give you up to date information on an ETA for your expected delivery. I understand your excited for your vehicle. Trust me we wish we could deliver your car the very same day, but sometimes that's just not possible. Logistics people! New flash we do NOT control production in Hungary, shipment to port, processing at port, delivery from port to dealership compound, PDI, inspection, finance, and insurance, before final delivery...

Please have some patience. When you give us a 1/5 star review and demand for a free service / oil change your basically bending us over and f**king us hard.