Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

all season tires for RS3?

MattC

Reactions
City
Exton
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
RS3
Hello,

I have 2019 RS3. The summer tires make driving bumpy/rigid and slight conformable. The winter tires are much better. So I am thinking to put on all season tires and drive in Comfort mode mostly. But just checking with people in here to see whether the all reason ties will make any difference. If so, which brank/model are the most comfort.

Thanks!
MattC

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
I did just that and even went up a size. Here's my Thread https://www.audis3.org/threads/trying-new-size-255-35-19-will-they-fit.1615 I love my choice with Continental DWS 06's in 245/35/19 Going up to a slightly taller tire made a nice difference in ride quality. Would like to try the 255's out someday maybe if I ever replace my rims.

Funny you're in PA as well. The roads here are shit :) I ran 18's for a bit but just couldn't take how bad they made the car look.

OP
M

MattC

Reactions
City
Exton
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
RS3
Thread Starter #3
you are right, the roads here in PA are not good, especially when close to Philly. In my case, I have front 255/30/19 and rear 235/35/19. Do you think i can get both front and rear 255/35/19 all reason DWS? should I go to a tire dealer? Thanks again!

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
you are right, the roads here in PA are not good, especially when close to Philly. In my case, I have front 255/30/19 and rear 235/35/19. Do you think i can get both front and rear 255/35/19 all reason DWS? should I go to a tire dealer? Thanks again!
It didn't look like 255/35/19's would fit my S3 with my rim offset which is why i did the 245/35/19's all around. But actually looking at your specs it looks like your car came with a 35mm offset so your setup should match this guy https://www.fitmentindustries.com/w...50/2015-audi-s3-rotiform-blq-stock-suspension

You may actually be ok to run full 255/30/19's I'd have someone take a look that would be nice if you could that should smooth things out for you. The offset is usually stamped on the back side of the rim but I see that is what is listed on tire-rack for your year running a staggered tire size. non-staggered factory offset looks like 38 all around but you may be in luck if you have 35.

OP
M

MattC

Reactions
City
Exton
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
RS3
Thread Starter #5
@ViperG I went to the Audi dealer at Wynnewood today. the service manager did his research and funny he came to the same conclusion as yours - 245/35/19 Continental DWS. I will need to sign something not go after them if something went wrong, like driving very aggressively, maybe on race track? anyway, I think I will go with this option and hope to get a better/smoother ride quality. thanks!

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
@ViperG I went to the Audi dealer at Wynnewood today. the service manager did his research and funny he came to the same conclusion as yours - 245/35/19 Continental DWS. I will need to sign something not go after them if something went wrong, like driving very aggressively, maybe on race track? anyway, I think I will go with this option and hope to get a better/smoother ride quality. thanks!
Great I hope you like them. They aren't as smooth as me running 18" rims but I really didn't like the look of 18's at all.
The 245's took some of the harshness out of hitting potholes. Before it felt like the wheel was being ripped off.

This pic is with 18's

800.jpg

Last edited:
OP
M

MattC

Reactions
City
Exton
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
RS3
Thread Starter #7
also i will be saving from rotating tires twice a year, in a few years, I will get my money back :) Thank you again! Go sixers!

Tanners

Reactions
City
Manchester
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi s3 2016 300 nav
What ever you do. Dont get michelin pilot 4 s tyres its caused bad traction issues on my s3 and heard there the same on audi rs3 I had the michelin pilot 4 before and they was good tyre but after changing to pilot 4s its ruined the car gutted with it. Just a warning for you safe

OP
M

MattC

Reactions
City
Exton
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
RS3
Thread Starter #9
@Tanners thanks for the warning, I will be getting Continental extreme contact DWS 245/35/19 next week.