Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

2022 RS3 Turning Circle - Parking

Jdavis37

Reactions
City
HENDERSONVILLE
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Volvo S60 polestar
This may seem an oddball question, but I just read on the Audi USA website the 2022 RS3 has a 40.5 or so foot turning circle (12.34m). This caught my eye of concern. I currently drive a 2016 Volvo S60 Polestar, and while overall the car is a nice car to drive, parking it has always been a bit of a pain for me. Parking lots these days have smaller spots and the rows seem closer together, thus preventing wide turn ins. Had I tested my car in poarking before I bought it, I would not have made the purchase in all honesty. My prior car was a 2008 BMW 335i and it simply zipped in and out of parking spots.

I have been leaning toward a 2022 RS3 this Fall after going through the inevitable acceptance of EV cars (I have range anxiety) but not yet wanting to buy one. I would be interested in a smaller performance SUV if there were one I liked in the US, but that is another discussion! I thought the 2022 RS3 might well be a great car for me. Perfectly fine at daily driving while at the same time very spirited for fun driving. Smaller as well.

So I am quite curious to know from current owners or those who have driven an RS3, do they park easily in a parking garage, etc, or do they require some finagling to get into the slot? I was expecting a much tighter turning diameter than 40.5 feet.. that is SUV like. Course, it could be a mis print on Audi's web site. I doubt there will be any chance for a test drive before ordering (something I'll need to negotiate) but parking woes with my current car leads me to not want a repeat. Thx in advance.

Sine

Reactions
City
Kastav
State
Non-US
Country
Croatia
What I Drive
RS3
It's easy, no problem here.

OP
J

Jdavis37

Reactions
City
HENDERSONVILLE
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Volvo S60 polestar
Thread Starter #3
It's easy, no problem here.
Thanks Sine. Appreciate the feedback. On a waiting list for the cars to show, so imagine it will be high demand for a while!