Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Finding a permanent fuse on a 2022 Audi S3

Reactions
City
Exeter
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi S3 2022
Guess nobody could give me a fuse number I could use for my BlackVue dashcam so I can use it in the Cloud? Currently using a Power Magic Pro if that is of relevance?

Thank you!!

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
i used an unused socket. space. added a new line out for my blackvue setup.
but you can use any one that is switched. just test it with a dmm.
it can be as simple of an install as you want to very elaborate if you want. check out my install of my black vue .
i didn't want to combine the blackvue with a current that is already used as the amp is going to increase and if im pulling 4 camera's and 2 batteries i feel more safer and it would be more efficient if i used a new empty fuse location.

as a narrowed-down answer, there is no specific fuse you must use.

OP
G

grecianite

Reactions
City
Exeter
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi S3 2022
Thread Starter #3
Thank you for your reply! I’m learning all the time, I think I am using a switched fuse but I think the battery cut off comes in way earlier than I expected it to!

I think I am on a switched fuse as when I park up the BlackVue stays on for maybe 4-5 hours after a long drive and the unit itself doesn’t have a battery? If it wasn’t switched it would just switch off?

Does what I’m saying make sense? Thank you!!!

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
sorry, yeah im confused on that statement.

the power magic pro, is to allow you keep using the stock OEM car battery after the car is shut off. it is designed to activate when you hook up a switched power source. that way it knows when to turn on.
there is also a none switched power lead that needs to be hooked up.

the amount of time that the unit runs depends on OEM battery capacity.

im using couple of blackvue lithium batteries. power magic ultra batteries. you can link more of these together for longer run time.
its really all magic from here. :LOL:

OP
G

grecianite

Reactions
City
Exeter
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive