Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

2016 S3 - Advanced Technology Pkg. worth it?

Reactions
City
Herndon
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2004 Mazda 6
Hi everyone! I am brand new to the forums and excited to say that I am looking to purchase an S3. I am between two S3's: a Prestige (31K miles) with the Advanced Technology Pkg. and a Premium Plus (37K miles) with nearly the same options as the Prestige, minus the Technology Pkg. The Prestige costs ~$3000 more. Is that price difference worth it for the Advanced Technolgoy Pkg. and 6k less miles?

Thanks for the help!

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
I don't think the Advanced Tech pack is as noticeable pre-2017 since you don't get the virtual cockpit. But there are some nice features. I love the way full LED's look and there are some multimedia options that I think you will not have.
Nav isn't really important to me but it is nice to have. How about the bang and Olufsen sound system does the Premium Plus have that option? Now that would probably be a deal breaker if it didn't.
Also the lane assist, park assist and adaptive cruise if very nice. Wi-Fi isn't a deal breaker for me either I'm not paying for the service with mine. Also the magnetic ride is nice I like having the option to adjust the suspension modes.

I could probably live without some of the options if I really like the color, interior and wheels better on one of the models and lower miles is always nice. I'm a bad person to ask I paid extra to have a 1 of 5 Viper Green S3 haha.
What a fantastic car though with either. I absolutely love driving mine.

OP
G
Reactions
City
Herndon
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2004 Mazda 6
Thread Starter #3
I don't think the Advanced Tech pack is as noticeable pre-2017 since you don't get the virtual cockpit. But there are some nice features. I love the way full LED's look and there are some multimedia options that I think you will not have.
Nav isn't really important to me but it is nice to have. How about the bang and Olufsen sound system does the Premium Plus have that option? Now that would probably be a deal breaker if it didn't.
Also the lane assist, park assist and adaptive cruise if very nice. Wi-Fi isn't a deal breaker for me either I'm not paying for the service with mine. Also the magnetic ride is nice I like having the option to adjust the suspension modes.

I could probably live without some of the options if I really like the color, interior and wheels better on one of the models and lower miles is always nice. I'm a bad person to ask I paid extra to have a 1 of 5 Viper Green S3 haha.
What a fantastic car though with either. I absolutely love driving mine.
Thanks for your input! Both have the B&O sound system. I think I leaning towards the Prestige as I like the visual appearance a little bit better and the lane assist, park assist and adaptive cruise sounds like it could be nice to have.

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
No problem the little things are really kind of cool. Like when I lock the car the mirrors fold in automatically very nice touch. You probably wouldn't miss it but it's those little things all add up to make you love the car even more.
Not sure if that's a tech pack option or if the base also has that.

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
With the Prestige, you don't get the Homelink, but other than that the Prestige comes with the other adaptive cruise which is nice.

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
With the Prestige, you don't get the Homelink, but other than that the Prestige comes with the other adaptive cruise which is nice.
Thought homelink was a dealer install option? My Prestige doesn't have homelink or I haven't found it if it does. Don't see anything by the sunroof or on the visors.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
Thought homelink was a dealer install option? My Prestige doesn't have homelink or I haven't found it if it does. Don't see anything by the sunroof or on the visors.
Earlier models there was something about the front radar with prevented the install of the homelink from the factory. I think there was a thread here on this site. I know it's weird.

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
Yeah I'm going to have to put a phone activated door opener in the garage. I'm not clipping a universal remote to the visor.