City
ROCKFORD
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 GTI
Alright the long and short of it. I have an 18 GTI Autobahn. I need more space and would like the AWD (Even though my GTI is a champ in the winter with Blizzaks on).

I found two AllTracks that fit the bill. One is a 19 SEL with 22,000 miles on it for 28,900 and the other is a 17 SEL with 10K Miles on it for 24,900. One has warranty and one does not. One has the new Infotainment the other does not.

What should I offer? Prices are so bloated right now I want a fair deal but not sure which to go with? Thoughts?

Greta2017

Reactions
City
DeLand
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Alltrack
If the 17 SEL has a panoramic Do Not buy it. After numerous repairs and one remediation it still had mold. We turned it in for a 19. I'm on the forum today to see if anyone else has a problem with the steering column assembly. Ours was grinding during tight turns. It disintegrated during the replacement process adding another hour to repair. If the 19 has the warranty I'd go with that and start bid low.

Reactions
Alright the long and short of it. I have an 18 GTI Autobahn. I need more space and would like the AWD (Even though my GTI is a champ in the winter with Blizzaks on).

I found two AllTracks that fit the bill. One is a 19 SEL with 22,000 miles on it for 28,900 and the other is a 17 SEL with 10K Miles on it for 24,900. One has warranty and one does not. One has the new Infotainment the other does not.

What should I offer? Prices are so bloated right now I want a fair deal but not sure which to go with? Thoughts?
I agree the prices sound high to me but IF you're stuck on one of those I'd go with the'19 ...be very leery of the roof leak issue. That said I've got a '17 SEL and have been fortunate I guess no leaks...(yet) but because of the issue I'm constantly thinking about it. The one thing (well 2 actually) is the carbon build-up on the intake valves and the water pump (both are costly and it's not something I'd fix myself if you've researched and it doesn't bother you go for it.
I do enjoy my Alltrack but I don't love it. There's too many things, mostly little things that bug me about it for me to be to overjoyed about. That said I want to keep it a long time, but I don't think it's going to last like my 2000 Jetta I'm sure...I still have it and at 265Kmi with original clutch to boot and good runner and good looking still I can't seem to part with it.