Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Scion brand to be phased out

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
Although not many of us, including myself, care about Scion, I thought this would be good to post. Toyota announced today that they would be phasing out the Scion brand after 2016, due to low sales. They were rare, just saying. Three of their cars, the FRS (aka Subaru BRZ), iA and iM will be rebadged as Toyotas for their 2017 model year, while the tC will be phased out.

I will not be telling my friends who own Scions (which I have few friends who do) about the discontinuation of Scion. I heard this on the radio on my way home from work, and when I got into my house and went onto my phone to check my email, my cousin sent me one with all the information.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
The good thing is at least some of the more popular models will carry on as Toyotas. I never really like the looks of the tC.

OP
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
Thread Starter #3
The good thing is at least some of the more popular models will carry on as Toyotas. I never really like the looks of the tC.
Agreed. My friend has a '13 tC Release Series 8, I kinda find it cool, but I have had mixed feelings about the tC. The xB was one of the most liked in my opinion, but that's gone because the Kia Soul has been hogging up sales elsewhere.

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
The first gen xB was my favorite. I do like the FRS when they first came out, now it looks really dated.

OP
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
Thread Starter #5
The first gen xB was my favorite. I do like the FRS when they first came out, now it looks really dated.
I liked the first gen xB as well, but I will assume that after the FRS is moved to Toyota, they will refresh it and the BRZ. Scion will release a final Release Series edition of the tC before the vehicle's discontinuation and the brand's discontinuation. I will assume the iM will be refreshed and have the Corolla's styling because it and the Corolla pretty much have the same interior.