Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

S3 Extended Warranty

sersanli

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Turkey
What I Drive
2016 S3 Sedan
Hello everyone. I just bought a new S3 and an A4 2.0 TDI Allroad. The dealer have been insisting on selling an extended warranty but I am not really sure about it. When I checked over the forum, there are plenty of polls about extended warranty which seems that most of you didn't get it. However I couldn't find any information about car reliability and any regrets who didn't get the extended warranty.

So, instead of a poll, can you please enlighten me with your 8V experiences in the last years.

S3: 3 years (almost 3.5k USD)
S3: 2 years (almost 2k USD)

A4: 3 years (almost 2k USD)
A4: 2 years (almost 1.5k USD)

Thanks for the help guys, I have a month to decide.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I do not have an extended warranty on my '16 S3, but I am in the process of trying to get a good price for one. I just negotiated a great Fidelity Platinum warranty on a family members newly purchased '09 Boxster S at about 45% of retail pricing. If I can come close to that for my S3, I will get one that takes the warranty out to 100K miles. I average about 20K a year on my car.

bakedcorn

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, been contemplating the same thing for both our cars. I've read that the model seems to be solid but with any car and all the gizmos and mechanical moving parts anything can go wrong. A good friend of mine ended up getting the extended warranty on his S4 in his 3rd year and now he's into his extended warranty. He dished out almost 4k for an extra year or 24kms. He's had to get some warranty work done but he is still in the negative.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk