Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

North American 2017 Audi S3 still gets 292hp?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
Just found out that the North American Audi S3 still gets only 292hp while they bumped ones overseas to 306hp. What gives Audi?

ScoobyS3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
I noticed this too, the 2017 model just hit the USA website, so I'm guessing it's an oversight.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
I really think the S3 should have gotten the power bump over here instead of just overseas. I'm pretty sure both the CLA45 and GLA45 are going to go up to 400 horsepower, which is going to be way more powerful than the S3, and the previous CLA45 and GLA45 had only 375.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
I really think the S3 should have gotten the power bump over here instead of just overseas. I'm pretty sure both the CLA45 and GLA45 are going to go up to 400 horsepower, which is going to be way more powerful than the S3, and the previous CLA45 and GLA45 had only 375.
They are probably suppressing the S3 power here to justify the RS3. It's all about marketing.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
They are probably suppressing the S3 power here to justify the RS3. It's all about marketing.
I just did research and for 2017 the CLA45 (GLA45 included) and they still have 375 horsepower. The RS3 and S3 have different engines, and the RS3 is going to be epic powerful! Turbo 5, 400 horsepower, epic! I did see the new Civic Type R (hatchback, not sedan or coupe), and it's a little faster than the S3, like 306 horsepower. I had an Si at one point, and that was back when I actually was obsessed with Hondas. I'm going to just going to continue buying the S3.

ScoobyS3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
I hope the next redesign for the A3/S3 gets an increase in horsepower, maybe to CLA45 standards.

jfglass

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
Just because the Honda will have 306hp doesn't mean it will be faster. First, it's FWD and even though they are saying torque steer will be reduced and I think it'll have an electronic lsd, wheel spin will be an issue. It will compete with the Focus ST and not be near the S3 in quality or performance overall.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Just because the Honda will have 306hp doesn't mean it will be faster. First, it's FWD and even though they are saying torque steer will be reduced and I think it'll have an electronic lsd, wheel spin will be an issue. It will compete with the Focus ST and not be near the S3 in quality or performance overall.
Yup different class. It'll compete with the Focus RS and Golf R.