Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

New member in UK

Doon

Reactions
City
Southsea
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2017 S3
Hi - I'm a new member based in Portsmouth, and have a 2017 S3. I have a question: is it possible to deactivate the keyfob feature that opens or shuts the windows if you hold the 'lock' or 'unlock' buttons down? The reason I ask is that twice now I've had incidents where due to carrying items or once when tying a shoelace the 'unlock' button was held down in my pocket and the windows all opened. On the first occasion I left the car parked on the street unlocked and with all the windows wide open for three days. Amazingly nothing was stolen.

OP
D

Doon

Reactions
City
Southsea
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2017 S3
Thread Starter #2
I'm answering my own question - I had a look at Youtube and sure enough there's a video showing you how to do it.
(just go through the MMI menu, go to 'car' and it's in there)

SolarS3

Reactions
City
Bittern
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2008 S3
Welcome fellow noobie. Glad you sorted it. It's never easy to find answers these days unless you do a Google/YouTube search. Usually, someone else has been there before & hopefully if it's a bigger job, you find a Tube clip ;)

Last edited:

StuW13

Reactions
City
Southampton
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
RS3 2018 Daza
Hi Doon,
Nice to see another member from the UK and you are just down the road from me as I’m in Southampton.👍🏻