Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Headlamp advice please...

CatDaddy63

Reactions
City
Exeter
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
57-plate 2008 S3
I inherited a 2008 57-plate S3 recently and I'm a little concerned about the state of the headlamps.

Issue #1 - it seems to be prone to collecting condensation inside the housings and I don't recall seeing this with any other car I've had. Does this mean the integrity of the housings is compromised and I'm looking at a big bill for replacements? Any idea what cost I'd be looking at?

Issue #2 - Depending upon the response to the above, if the existing housings are 'normal' and staying, they have a sort of mistiness to them that I can't seem to get rid of. I had it valeted and they polished them with a buffer and some Autoglym stuff but the improvement was minimal, as was a good manual polish with Turtlewax restoration gloop. I don't have electric tools, can anyone recommend a hand-applied treatment to improve their clarity?

Many thanks.